Apago releases PDF/X Checkup 3.0
AUGUST 1, 2003 — Apago, Inc. has released
Version 3.0 of its PDF/X Checkup software. PDF/X Checkup 3.0 is a
plug-in for Adobe Acrobat
that allows you to create and preflight PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3 files.
Version 3.0 adds several new features, including full support for
PDF/X-3, additional "PDF/X Plus" workflow checks and compatibility
with Acrobat 6 and MacOS X.
PDF/X Checkup 3.0 includes two additional plug-ins: imageAlter and BoxEditor.
imageAlter allows you to modify the resolution, compression and color of
images inside a PDF file. BoxEditor is an innovative plug-in for quickly
editing the bleed and trim boxes required by PDF/X. BoxEditor has a
library for storing frequently used publication specifications.
That is $300 worth of plug-ins for free!
- Supports both ISO PDF/X-1a:2001 and PDF/X-3:2002 standards.
- Click the "Fix All" button, and PDF/X Checkup automatically
fixes most errors to produce a legal PDF/X file.
- PDF/X Checkup adds any missing tags required by PDF/X standards.
- PDF/X Checkup can add or modify OutputIntents as required by PDF/X
standards, using either a registered name or an ICC profile.
- The "Details" window lists all of the errors or warnings found during preflight.
- A complete report can be saved as a text file.
- PDF/X Plus Workflow checks can detect TrueType fonts, JPEG images,
spot colors, image resolution and more.
- Detects PDF 1.4 transparency.
- Adobe Acrobat 5.x and 6.0 (Does not work in free Adobe Reader.)
- Mac OS 9.x and Mac OS X 10.2 and later
- Windows 95/98/XP/NT 4/2000/XP
PDF/X Checkup costs $249.00 US. Site and company licenses are available.
Registered users of PDF/X-1 Checkup version 2 can upgrade for $49.00.
How to purchase
You can purchase PDF/X Checkup on line at http://store.yahoo.com/apagostore/.
Apago is a software-development company that provides
high-quality workflow solutions for today's demanding prepress and graphic-arts users.
Apago's software solutions integrate PostScript, PDF, PDF/X, TIFF/IT and Scitex
systems into a seamless production environment.